“Shrewsbury BID”, “Shrewsburybid.co.uk”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our” means Shrewsbury Business Improvement District Limited, Registered in England and Wales at Windsor House, Windsor Place, Shrewsbury, SY1 2BY. Company Registration No. 08834790.
The purpose of this Site is to provide a simple, convenient, and cost-effective service to consumers wishing to support businesses in Shrewsbury through the purchase of vouchers, goods, services, or experiences, linking them to businesses in their area that offer this.
The Site is an advertising platform for each business who wishes to advertise with it (the “Advertiser”). All purchases are made with the Advertiser with through the platform and therefore not with Support Shrewsbury.
3. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, Shrewsbury BID provides this Site and content on an “as-is” and “as available” basis and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of this Site, or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
All transactions are between the consumer and the Advertiser and therefore additional terms are likely to be incorporated by the Advertiser and the consumer should consider these before purchasing.
Insofar as we offer an e-commence site we are acting as an agent or intermediary but all disputes between the parties as to payments, refunds etc are a matter between the consumer and Advertiser given we have no control over goods, services, delivery, or quality.
Pursuant to the previous two paragraphs, Shrewsbury Business Improvement District, officers, agents, employees or contractors shall not have any liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits), arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use or inability to use this Site. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limits liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
4. Intellectual Property
You may not print, copy, reproduce, download, republish, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use the materials from this Site for anything other than personal, non-commercial use, including in particular any purpose which publicly re-sells or re-uses the materials, without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in this Site and its content (including without limitation the Site design, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and all software, databases and source code connected with the Site) are owned by or licensed to Shrewsbury BID or otherwise used by Shrewsbury BID as permitted by law.
This Site may be unavailable at certain times to allow for maintenance and upgrades. Although we will endeavour to notify businesses and consumers in advance of any service unavailability, this cannot be guaranteed, and we reserve the right to alter or withdraw the service at any time.
7. Third Party Sites
This Site contains links to other websites. Those websites are not under the control of Shrewsbury BID and Shrewsbury BID is not responsible for the practices, content, or availability of such websites. A link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site. We provide the links as a convenience only. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk, and we will not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damages caused by use of or reliance on any contents, goods, or services available on such websites. You may provide a non-framed link to this Site from any other business or service website but not in any way which gives the impression that we are associated with or have approved such other site, unless expressly agreed to by ourselves in writing.
8. Limitations of Use
This Site is intended to be accessed by persons located in the UK and we make no representation that any information, materials, or functions included in this Site are appropriate for use in any other jurisdiction. By using this Site, you warrant that any personal information provided by you is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects and that you will notify us immediately of any changes to your personal information by updating your member profile on the Site or contacting us. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
To use our service you must be over 18 years of age.
You are not allowed to register multiple memberships for use by the same person.
Violation of this clause may result in termination of your membership. Members’ passwords should be kept confidential at all times, and must not be shared or disclosed to anyone. You are responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted through your membership. If you know or suspect that someone has knowledge of your password then you should contact us immediately.
You may not use the Site for any unlawful or unauthorised purpose, including without limitation:
- distributing any unlawful, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, pornographic, harassing or otherwise objectionable material;
- transmitting material that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability, or otherwise breaches any laws, regulations, or codes of practice;
- Interfering with any other persons use or enjoyment of the Site;
- damaging, disabling, or impairing the operation of this Site or attempting to gain unauthorised access to this Site or to networks connected to it, through hacking, spoofing or other such similar means.
9. Buying a voucher, goods, service, or experience
Shrewsbury BID endeavours to deal with reputable third parties who provide a quality service, however Shrewsbury BID accepts no responsibility or liability for the quality or quantity of any voucher or item provided by said third parties who are Advertisers.
After you submit an order to us, we will give you an Order Number and send the details of this order in an email. Please make sure that any contact details you provide are correct to ensure you receive confirmation of your purchase.
- Payment – Once your purchase has been accepted, this represents an agreement between you the customer and the business. The business has sole responsibility for this purchase. Cash payments are made directly to the business fulfilling the order. All prices are inclusive of VAT and quoted in British (Sterling) Pounds. A purchase may be subsequently cancelled by a business after you have received an email stating the purchase has been accepted. Shrewsbury BID and our partner businesses reserve the right to cancel any purchase, before or after acceptance, and will notify you immediately of any such cancellation.
- Vouchers – vouchers will be valid for a period as stated by each Advertiser at their own discretion, this period shall run from date of purchase, unless otherwise stated by the business.
- Vouchers are non-transferable and must not be sold on to another consumer.
If we consider there to be a risk of liability or loss to us or our partner businesses we may take any action deemed necessary to prevent such a liability or loss from occurring.
If we terminate your right to link to the Site you must cease linking to the Site immediately.
12. Governing Law
You can in most circumstances cancel your contract with the Advertiser within 14 days without giving any reason. However, for some goods and/or services you do not have the right to cancel or you may lose the right to cancel in certain circumstances. This is further explained below.
The cancellation period will expire 14 days after the day on which you, or someone you nominate, receives the goods (or if multiple goods the first of these). If you request the service starts immediately or within the 14-day cancelation period
If you want to cancel this contract, you must let the Advertiser know. You can do this by:
- contacting the Advertiser by email, post or telephone using the contact details found in your email confirmation of order
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your cancellation request before the cancellation period has expired.
You do not have the right to cancel in respect of the following goods and will not be entitled to a refund unless such goods are faulty:
- goods that are made to your specifications or which are clearly personalised;
- goods received sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons (e.g. such as food/edible items which cannot be resold, beauty products, underwear, swimwear, pierced jewellery etc), once you remove or break the seal;
- goods which are audio, video, or software products (e.g. such as CDs, VHS, DVDs), once you remove or break the seal;
- goods which become inseparably mixed with other items after delivery (e.g. food ingredients).
This does not affect the rights you have if your goods are faulty.
14. Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, the Advertiser shall refund all payments received from you, including the cost of standard delivery. The Advertiser will only refund the cost of standard delivery, even if you chose a more expensive delivery option. If the right to cancel does not apply to the goods, you will not be entitled to a refund unless they are faulty.
The Advertiser may make a deduction from the refund for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of your handling of the goods in a way beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods (e.g. beyond what might reasonably be permitted in a shop).
Each Advertiser shall issue the refund within:
- 14 days after the day we receive the goods back from you; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if no goods have been supplied, 14 days after the day on which you told us that you want to cancel this contract.
The Advertiser will make the refund using the same payment method you used to make your purchase, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
The Advertiser may withhold the refund until they have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the goods back, whichever comes first.
The Advertiser will not start providing the services during the 14-day cancellation period unless you ask them to. When you place an order for services, you will be given the option to tick a box to request for our Advertiser to start providing the services during the cancellation period. By ticking the box, you acknowledge that you will lose your right to cancel this contract once the services are fully performed (i.e. the work is completed).
This means that if you requested for the Advertiser to start providing the services during the cancellation period and the services are fully performed (i.e. the work is completed) during this period, you lose your right to cancel and will be required to pay the full price under this contract even if the cancellation period has not expired.
This does not affect the rights you have if your services are faulty.
Last updated 27.04.2020